|Name||: M. Bobby Rahman, ST., M.Si (Han), Ph.D. (Can).|
|Academic Position||: Assistant Lecturer (Asisten Ahli)|
|Google Scholar Link||: https://scholar.google.be/citations?user=_O3bUOwAAAAJ&hl=en|
|Research interests||: Urban-Regional Political Ecology, Socio-Ecological System, Disaster Management, Spatial Planning|
Delivered Subjects in Urban and Regional Planning Department – ITERA:
- Regional Planning
- Planning and Disaster Aspects
- Introduction of Urban and Regional Planning
- Planning and Politics
- Urban Planning
- The Study of Sea and Coastal Potential Mapping to Support Lampung as Indonesia Maritime Axis. Lampung Province and ITERA Co-working Research. 2016.
- Land Price Dynamics of Institut Teknologi Sumatera (ITERA) Campus. Self-funded Research. 2015.
- The Characteristics of Goods and Services Provider Revenue in the Higher Education Area in Jatinangor, Sumedang, West Java, Indonesia. Self-funded Research. 2015.
- The Identification of Community Resilience Characteristics in the Face of Volcanic Eruption in the National Security Framework. Master Thesis Research. 2012. Universitas Pertahanan (Unhan)
- The Mitigation of Medical Waste Transportation. Bachelor thesis. 2009. Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB).
- Yogyakarta Urban Inequality: An insight from informal-traditional enterprises, Yogyakarta – Indonesia. The Ministry of Higher Education-funded research. 2019.
- Reframing spatial and socio-cultural adaptive capacity in post-disaster contexts: a socioecological approach. Ph.D. project funded by The Ministry of Finance (LPDP). 2016-2020.
Academic Presentations or Seminars
- Negotiating risk through spatial planning: Merapi 2010 post-disaster development. Planning and Development Research Group Seminar. KU Leuven. (Forthcoming) January 2020.
- It is okay; we are safe. The Social Construction of New Yogyakarta International Airport. The 4th Disaster Risk Reduction Conference. The University of Warsaw. Poland. (Forthcoming) October 2019.
- Post-disaster Recovery as Socio-Ecological and Socio-Political Construct: Responses to the 2010 Merapi Eruption as a Case Study. The 8th International Conference on Building Resilience. Lisbon-Portugal. November 2018.
- Post-disaster Recovery as Socio-Ecological and Socio-Political Construction: Responses to the 2010 Merapi Eruption as a Case Study. Planning and Development Research Group Seminar. KU Leuven. October 2018.
- Social Innovation in Disaster Risk Management: Fostering Socio-Culturally and Spatially Adaptive Capacity in Volcanic Hazard. European Module of Spatial Planning Development (EMSDP). KU Leuven, Leuven-Belgium. April 2017.
- Community Resilience: Learning from Mt Merapi Eruption 2010. CITIES 2015 International Conference: Intelligent Planning Towards Smart Cities. Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS) Surabaya-Indonesia. November 2015.
Workshops and Trainings
- The Workshop of Planning and Disaster Management Plan Integration. The Ministry of Land and Spatial Planning. 2018.
- European Module of Spatial Planning Development (EMSDP). Leuven-Belgium. 2017.
- Training of Trainer for Disaster Management. Indonesian Disaster Management Agency (BNPB). 2012.
- Rahman M.B., Nugraha, E., Nurhasanah, I.S., Harahap, T. (Under revision). The Urban political ecology of coastal communities in Bandar Lampung city, Indonesia: Urban dynamics and metabolism. Journal of City and Regional Planning – ITB.
- Rahman M.B., Parra, C., Van den Broeck, P. (In preparation). Social-ecological construction of post-disaster: from a crisis of Merapi 2010 eruption to overwhelmed opportunities, tensions, and impendent hazards. Journal of Integrative Environmental Sciences.
- Rahman, M.B., Parra, C., Nugraha, E., Van den Broeck, P. (In preparation). _Natural hazard, mining, and new risk production_. A political ecology of Merapi eruption_. Environmental & Policy.
- Rahman, M.B., Parra, C., Van den Broeck, P. (In preparation). Negotiating risk through spatial planning: Merapi 2010 post-disaster development. International Journal of Disaster Risk Science.
- Rahman, M.B., Koukoufikis, G., Parra, C., Van den Broeck, P. (In preparation). Between disaster risk and coffee capitalism: Merapi coffee farmers in search for alternatives. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Rahman, M.B., Parra, C., Van den Broeck, P. 2019. Post-disaster recovery as socio-ecological and socio-political construct. Responses to the 2010 Merapi eruption as a case study. Proceeding of The 8th International Conference on Building Resilience. University of Lisbon. Lisbon-Portugal 2018.
- Rahman, M.B. 2016. Karakteristik Pola Penghasilan Penyedia Barang dan Jasa di Kawasan Pendidikan Tinggi Jatinangor. Tataloka 18 (1), 1-10
- Rahman, M.B., Nurhasanah, I.S., Nugroho, S.P. 2016. Community Resilience: Learning from Mt Merapi Eruption 2010. Proceeding of CITIES 2015 International Conference: Intelligent Planning Towards Smart Cities 227 (2016), 387-394